HASE (High Assurance Systems Engineering) is an invite-only workshop.
Our goal for HASE is to bring together the best implementers and verification experts from open source, industry, and academia, introduce them and their projects to each other, and develop collaborations to produce verified, trustworthy systems code (we do not, however, want to nail down exactly what is meant by “systems code”).
Its first meeting will be on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 January 2019 with an optional Hack Day on Monday 14 January 2019. The venue is the X (previously called Google[x]) campus in Mountain View, California, USA. On the Saturday and Sunday we will start at 10AM and end at 6PM. On the Monday Hack Day we will begin at 9AM and end at 3PM.
It is co-located with the Real World Crypto conference, taking the place of HACS, which is not being run in 2019.
Please contact Sarah de Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the event.
The workshop will be held in the RLS2 building at the X campus located at 250 Mayfield Avenue, California 94043.
This is a single story building on the right hand side of Mayfield Avenue as you enter (and it is not the large multistorey building to your left which is RLS1). The venue is right next to San Antonio CalTrain station which has trains from/to San Francisco and San Jose. There is plenty of parking next to the RLS2 building. The enterance is locked during the weekend so Satnam or another Googler will be at the enterance between 9:30am and 10am to let you in. If you need help please call the local contact Satnam Singh on +1 408 656 4590 (also a WhatsApp number) or email email@example.com or via iMessage with firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook Messenger. You’ll need to do this if you arrive after 10am.
Please plan to arrive at 9:30am for coffee on Saturday, Sunday and optionally Monday so we can start promptly at 10am. On Monday the lobby will be open but you will still need to be issued a visitor badge.
Your best bet for accommodation is to use one of the usual internet hotel booking websites (sample query) or Airbnb. However, here are a few hotels not far from X.
- Hilton Garden Hotel, 4216 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306. Time to X: 6-10 minutes.
- Dinah’s Garden Hotel, 4261 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306. Time to X: 6-10 minutes.
- Zen Hotel, 4164 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306. Time to X: 7-12 minutes.
- Enchante Hotel, 1 Main Street, Los Altos, California, 94022. Time to X: 10-15 minutes.
- Sheraton Palo Alto, 625 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301. Time to X: 15-20 minutes.
- Westin Palo Alto, 675 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301. Time to X: 15-20 minutes.
Here are a few restaurants that are walking distance from the venue. We ask particiants to self-organize for dinner.
- Paul Martin’s American Grill Steak etc. themed medium-posh restaurant with bar.
- Pacific Catch Seafood themed medium-posh restaurant with bar.
- Dong Lai Shun Despite low-brow website, very good Chinese restaurant specializing in hot pot.
- Mizu Sushi Bar and Grill A very decent sushi restaurant.
Just a little bit further:
- ASA A Spanish posh tapas restaurant which is Satnam’s favourite restaurant in the area.
- Ambinace Michelin-starred restaurant near ASA (but Satnam prefers ASA).
Palo Alto is not far and has many good restaurants including the excellent Michelin-starred Zola. ASA, Ambiance and Zola will require advance booking.